Monthly conference calls feature invited lectures by faculty from different institutions, to guide implementation of value improvement projects. Recordings of the presentations are available for HVPAA members.
- February: Lenny Feldman, MD, Things We Do for No Reason.
- July: Future Leader Program Welcome
- February: National Conference Planning
- March: Matt Neilsen, MD, MS, FACS, Chair of Urology, UNC School of Medicine Hematuria as a marker of occult urinary tract cancer: The journey to high value care
- April: Caitlyn Hicks, MD, PhD, Johns Hopkins Vascular Surgery: High Value Vascular Surgery
- May: Andrew Parsons, MD and George Hoke, MD, Department of Hospital Medicine, UVA: Using Clinical Reasoning in High Value Care
- June: High Value Education & Professional Development, Future Leader Program & VITAL Program Directors
- August: Steve Frank, MD, PhD, Director of Bloodless Medicine & Surgery, Johns Hopkins: Updates in Blood Management
- September: Rodrigo Alban, MD, Department of Surgery, Cedar Sinai: High Value Surgery
- October: National conference
- November: Arjun Gupta, MBBA, Department of Oncology, Johns Hopkins Medicine: High Value Cancer Care
- December: Peter Najjar, MD, MBA, Division of Colorectal Surgery, Johns Hopkins Medicine: High Value Colorectal Care
- January: National Conference Planning
- February: Brendan Bowman, MD, Applied Data Analytics in a Hospitalist Owned Dialysis Program
- March-May: COVID19 information sharing sessions
- June: Elizabeth Vossenkemper, MSN, RN, CPNP-PC: Reduction of OTC prescribing in the management of URIs in children birth to 13 years.
- July: Future Leader Program Welcome
- August: Lauren Demosthenes, MD, High Value Care in OB-GYN.
- September: Ashwini Niranjan-Azadi, MD and Glenn Moulder, MD, A High-Value Care Course in the COVID-19 Era
- October: Ishani Ganguli, MD, MPH, Cascades of Care After Incidental Findings in a US National Survey of Physicians
- November: Sarah Johnson Conway, MD, A Targeted “Top 100” High-Risk Care Management Program Improves Adherence to Best Practices
- January 16: National conference planning
- February 20: Guest Speaker, economist David Gaines
- March 20: Pediatric high value care topics
- April 17: Tony Breu, Harvard: TWDFNR: Treating Hypertensive Urgency,
- May 15: Amber Inofuentes, University of Virginia Individualized Care Plans: An Evolving Approach to High Hospital Utilizers
- June 19: Mustapha Saheed, Johns Hopkins and Shayam Odetti, Johnston Memorial: Evidence based guidelines for high value emergency medicine
- July: Future Leaders initiation.
- August: Conference planning.
- September 18: Valerie Vaughn, University of Michigan: Antibiotic stewardship at discharge
- October 16: Gregg Brennan, University of California Irvine: High-Value Care in Inpatient Gastroenterology
- November: No webinar. National conference.
- December 18: No webinar. Happy Holidays!
- January 17: Guest Speaker- Chris Moriates, MD
- February 21: NYU, Hopkins & Crozer Chester: Innovative Educational Curricula
- March 21: NYU, UTSW, Michigan, UT San Antonio: Optimizing vascular access
- April 18: Operational meeting
- May 16: Implementation Guide Team: Reducing daily labs
- June 20: Michael Grant, MD, PhD: ERAS pathways
- July 18: Welcome Future Leaders Program
- August 15: Christine Soong, U Toronto: Reducing sedatives in elderly patients September 19: Holiday
- October 17 – UTSW, NYU, Icahn: Reducing unnecessary proton pump inhibitors
- November 21 – Utah and University of Washington: Sepsis
- December 19 – Johns Hopkins Children Center: Pediatric high value care
- May: Jeff Trost, MD: Cardiac biomarker testing for suspected ACS
- June: Steven M Frank, M.D. & Transfusion Guide Team: Best Practice for Transfusions (trigger & number of units)
- July: Clare Rock, M.B.B.Ch and C Difficile Guide Team: C Difficile Testing & Treatment
- August: Pamela Johnson, MD: High value body CT for the ordering provider: patient and protocol selection
- September: Brandyn Lau, MPH: Achieving perfect practice for VTE thromboprophylaxis
- October: Pranita D Tamma, M.D.& Sarah Keller, M.D., MPH, M.S.P.H: AHRQ Safety Program for Improving Antibiotic Use and topics in antibiotic stewardship:
- November: Carol Peden, MB ChB, MD, MPH and the Preop Testing Team: Preoperative testing
- December: No webinar. Happy Holidays!
Discovering value based healthcare: interactive modules Interactive Learning Modules from Chris Moriates, Associate Dean for Healthcare Value, Dell Medical School
CanMEDS Resource Stewardship Curriculum Toolkit Series Toolkits designed to help teach residents the foundations of resource stewardship. These free toolkits include things like modifiable power point slide decks, annotated bibliographies, how-to guides, etc.
One Minute Guides (OMG), a series of educational summaries from Johns Hopkins Department of Medicine High Value Care Committee
The IHI National Forum is a leading international conference dedicated to improving health care quality and safety. Learn more on their website
As stated on their website, the American College of Medical Quality‘s mission is to provide leadership and education in healthcare quality management. Visit their website to learn about educational resources and programs for medical personnel interested in quality improvement.